Welcome, English teachers!
for high school ESL* teachers
made for your teenage learners
*also called EFL, ESOL or EAL
Nice to meet you!
Teen English provides :
- interesting short videos of Australian teenagers, made for teaching English
- detailed, skills-based printable lesson materials for listening & speaking classes
- all to help high school teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) all over the world
These videos are filmed and edited by myself,
& not available anywhere else!
Your students can …
- improve their speaking & listening without getting bored.
- get to know lots of friendly Australian teenagers on-screen. Normal kids aged 13-19, not actors.
HERE – download lesson plans based around short video clips of teenagers from sunny Queensland, Australia
ON YOUTUBE – Aussie Teen English – watch all the videos
Teen English is the brainchild of ISOBEL MORRIS:
- an experienced English teacher & teacher-trainer
- founder / video-maker / materials writer
- with 2 bilingual teenagers / young adults of her own
- who’s taught English in a lot of countries & now calls Australia home
Who needs Teen English?
Teen English videos & lesson printables are for ESL/EFL/ESOL teachers who are new; who are time-poor; who struggle to find the right materials to help & motivate their students to really speak English. All you need is internet access in your classroom, plus a printer for the student worksheets, or a smart-board to display them.
The teens on-screen are friendly and relatable. You get glimpses of their life and their small city. Being Australian makes Teen English extra interesting to your teens.
If you answered “no”
… to any of those questions, help is at hand! I researched well before starting Teen English. Quotes like the following convinced me that teachers have unmet needs out there, and I have all the right skills to help meet that need:
“At school, 90% of students can’t communicate in English well because they hardly speak English. They just know grammar, reading and tests. Even after about 10-15 years of learning English, they mostly can’t say anything, although they can read well sometimes.”
Hieu Nguyen of Vietnam, cited online by Callan Quinn, thanks to both of them.
Teen English gives English teachers interesting, low-cost complete lessons to get your students talking and listening to each other. that you can re-use as many times as you like with different classes – and again next year. Try out the printables – worksheet exercises, answers, vocab & lesson plans – on the Lessons page. They’ll turn you into an even better teacher! Best of all, some printables are still free to download while the rest only cost five Australian dollars. No mistake – that’s really just AU$5… about £2.60, EUR 3.20, JP¥400 …for all that distilled expertise, and the hard labour done for you!
Teachers can write in to Teen English to receive a newsletter with a Q+A section where Isobel, who’s been a CELTA tutor (teacher-trainer) and DOS (teaching manager), answers your English teaching queries.